Thursday, December 10, 2020

GREG CRAWFORD, LINFIELD COLLEGE CLASS OF 1972, MEALS ON WHEELS ‘VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH’

DECEMBER 2020: GREG CRAWFORD, LINFIELD COLLEGE CLASS OF 1972, 
MEALS ON WHEELS ‘VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH’


:::Source: Dec. 1, 2020, news from Meals on Wheels People of Portland, Oregon. about Gregory “Greg” Crawford, 1968 grad of Portland’s Cleveland High School and a 1972 Linfield College graduate. He lived in the Portland metro area.:::

Meals on Wheels, Portland, Oregon, ‘Volunteer of the Month’ for December 2020, is “Gregory Crawford from the Cherry Blossom Center and Friendly Chat program.

Meals on Wheels: What made you interested in volunteering with Meals on Wheels People?

Greg: “Always at top of my list to eliminate and fight hunger. Meals on Wheels is a PERFECT fit for my volunteer needs.”

Meals on Wheels: What do you enjoy most about your volunteer experience?

Greg: “My enjoyment comes from helping others. The “Friendly Chat” program is fun for me, cause the clients are so thrilled to get a phone call, in what is and has been challenging times.”

Meals on Wheels: What inspires you?

Greg: “I am inspired to carry on the great volunteering efforts of both my mother and father. We were never wealthy financially but we have always been wealthy in giving back, which is core value of our family and many of my friends.”

Meals on Wheels: What do you like to do when you’re not volunteering?

Greg:” When not volunteering, I love my job of working in cancer unit at Adventist Hospital. Our patients are so positive and I work with a great team of people.”

Meals on Wheels: What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?

Greg: "During the winter I watch a lot of high school and college basketball, of course this year that is on hold." I also am a comedy writer and work with some budding stars in comedy world.”

Meals on Wheels says, “Thank you, Gregory, for your service to older adults in our community and helping to change lives, one meal at a time!”

#